Giving Gifts is looking for the best Store Manager! This is a full-time job that will include a few (but not all) Saturdays and/or Sundays a month based out of our store at 4570 Main Street, Vancouver. This job is partly in the store focusing on serving customers and partly remote (you can work from home or a local coffee shop) working on online growth.
As our Store Manager you dream big, you take action, you love to inspire and you believe that we can all make a difference in the world.
About Giving Gifts
Giving Gifts is an inspiring gift boutique that is changing the way people buy gifts.
The moment you step into Giving Gifts you’ll understand why we’re different. Our gifts are unique and share a beautiful story. They are presented and packaged with attention to the details to ensure that every part of the gifting experience delights all the senses. Our team provides friendly service that inspires our customers and has them leaving smiling and happy that they have made a difference through their gifts.
We are a small company with one location, but we are growing and plan to do some really cool things to make your shopping experience awesome. We dream big – so we are seeking a heart-centered store manager with an eye for design and details. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset that is excited to jump in and work hard to inspire others through their ideas and creativity. Is that you? If so, we’ll be looking to you to make our beautiful collection of gifts truly shine.
As the Store Manager, you’ll play an integral role in shaping Giving Gift’s growth story. You’ll be an inspiring leader to your team, coaching and developing them to be their best and reach their full potential. Under your leadership, the Giving Gifts boutique and online stores will look pristine, operate seamlessly and be a magical place that inspires our shoppers to stay a little longer.
What You’ll Do:
* Lead by example. We expect you to roll up your sleeves and work hard, but also to have fun and create a positive, happy environment. You’ll always go the extra mile to get things done and do it with a great attitude.
* Coach, mentor and develop your team to their fullest potential. We seek to create a healthy, happy atmosphere where everyone feels empowered, nurtured, and challenged to grow.
* Build lasting relationships with our customers, including with important corporate and custom clients.
* Be a stickler for details. We’re obsessed with making every part of the Giving Gifts experience perfect. You’ll notice and take action on anything that doesn’t meet our very high standards and bring your great ideas for how we can continue to make things better.
* Run a tip-top shop. There are millions of little details that make a successful shop flow, and you’re on top of it all: inventory management, loss prevention, operations, HR, customer service, visual standards, training, and more. You’re a highly-effective communicator who knows how to manage up and manage down to get things done.
* Be part of a rock star team. We pride ourselves on hiring great people who work well together. You’ll be in frequent communication with the business owner. Everyone works together to share learnings, celebrate successes, troubleshoot problems and drive Giving Gifts to become a little better every day.
The Perfect Fit
Is Giving Gifts the perfect job for you? We’re looking for a strong leader who demonstrate the following:
* You’re an entrepreneur at heart, with a strong desire to be a part of something bigger. We’re on a mission to reinvent the gift business and you’re right there beside us, managing the store as if it were your own.
* You’re highly confident in your abilities but humble in your approach. You want to learn and grow, and you’re willing to work hard to do so.
* You thrive in a fast-paced environment because of your outstanding communication skills, positive attitude and the ability to juggle competing priorities.
* You’re a natural at engaging with customers. You have an innate instinct for reading the needs of a shopper and you can train your team to do the same.
* You’re all about initiative, reliability and having a high level of ownership, but you also know when to reach out and ask for guidance.
* You have exceptional social media and web skills and a can-do attitude when learning the platforms we currently use. You are also keen to bring your knowledge and expertise to our store to grow the online side of Giving Gifts and Giving Crates.
* You love developing strategy and can create a content calendar full of innovative ideas to promote the store.
* You love systems and processes and are happy to develop and execute them independently.
* You are amazing at merchandizing and creating appealing visual displays and you are excited to learn the art of creating the perfect Giving Crates and gift boxes.
* You are growth and action oriented, self-motivated, creative and love inspiring and being inspired by others.
If This is You:
Please email us a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and tell us lots about yourself. We really want to hire the right person, so let us know why it is you!