Marbled Leather Stud Earrings
One-of-a-kind intricately marbled stud earrings, made with reclaimed leather scraps.
Is it wood? Is it stone? Nope! It's leather! Scandinazn uses a marbling technique to create this layered pattern, so each piece is unique.
FEATURES * * *
• A perfect gift, for a conscious consumer, with an earthy aesthetic.
• The diameter of the circles is 0.8 cm.
• Surgical stainless steel posts, which are considered hypoallergenic, and safe for most sensitive ears
• Your pair will be in the colour scheme you choose, though may look slightly different than in the photos. Each pair is unique! If you've got a specific request, send us a message, and we'll do our best to accommodate you, or come by the shop to see them in person!
CONSTRUCTION / DESIGN * * *
• The circles are punched out of a single layer of leather scraps
• Scandinazn marbles the scraps of leather in batches. A leather-specific paint is manipulated across the surface of thickened water to achieve this swirly psychedelic pattern.
• Each piece is lovingly assembled by hand from start to finish in Vancouver, Canada.
The Environment: By using recycled leather salvaged from high quality scraps and second-hand clothing, they are giving new life to materials that would otherwise end up in the trash. Leather is long wearing & durable
These items were handmade by Jamie, originally from Kelowna, now living in Vancouver.
In 2012, SCANDINAZN was created, with the intention of exploring elements of Jamie's Japanese & Swedish heritage through experimentation with colour, pattern, shape and texture, using recycled materials where possible.