Pastel Circle Recycled Leather Earrings
Atama / Kata あたま・かた earrings (head / shoulders in Japanese) are designed with sweater-lovers in mind. Bold enough to make a statement, with smooth leather circles that won't get snagged on that cozy scarf or sweater. They're available ready to go in 5 different colours, or send us a message to request your own customized shade.
• Leather circles, made from repurposed leather garments.
• Choose from earthy fall shades : Millennial Pink, Terracotta Rouge, Creamy Mustard, Prussian Blue
• Backings are made from surgical stainless steel (and compatible with most sensitive ears).
CONSTRUCTION / DESIGN
• After cutting, the leather is hand painted, using a high quality leather paint (which is both flexible and waterproof, hurrah!)
• Each piece is lovingly assembled by hand, from start to finish.
• All pieces are crafted in beautiful Vancouver, Canada.
The Environment: By using recycled leather salvaged from high quality scraps and second-hand clothing, they are giving new life to materials that would otherwise end up in the trash. Leather is long wearing & durable
These items were handmade by Jamie, originally from Kelowna, now living in Vancouver.
In 2012, SCANDINAZN was created, with the intention of exploring elements of Jamie's Japanese & Swedish heritage through experimentation with colour, pattern, shape and texture, using recycled materials where possible.