Giving Gifts is looking for our newest store employee! This is a part-time (20 to 30 hours per week) content creation position as part of the Digital Skills for Youth Program.
We are looking for someone under 30 who has completed post-secondary education.
This is a Vancouver-based position. Much of the job can be done remotely but we do need someone that can come into the store in Vancouver regularly (once or twice a week) in order to gather material to create original content.
Job can start immediately - as soon as Oct 2021. Contract will go until March 2022.
About Giving Gifts
Giving Gifts is an inspiring gift boutique that is changing the way people buy gifts.
The moment you step into Giving Gifts you’ll understand why we’re different. Our gifts are unique and share a beautiful story. They are presented and packaged with attention to the details to ensure that every part of the gifting experience delights. Our team provides friendly service that inspires our customers and has them leaving smiling and happy that they have made a difference through their gifts.
We currently have one location and two online stores. We dream big – so we are seeking a heart-centered employee with an eye for design and details. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset that is excited to jump in and work hard to inspire others through their ideas and creativity. Is that you? If so, we’ll be looking to you for your creative ideas to make our beautiful collection of gifts truly shine online.
As part of our store, you’ll play an integral role in shaping Giving Gift’s growth story. You'll be responsible for managing the Giving Gifts and Giving Crates social media accounts including Instagram, Facebook and Tik Tok in order to best represent our brand. You'll also create content for our websites, including adding photos and products online, writing blog posts, creating collections, helping create email campaigns and making sure the entire customer experience online is exceptional.
What You’ll Do:
* Lead by example. We expect you to roll up your sleeves and work hard, but also to have fun and create a positive, happy environment. You’ll always go the extra mile to get things done and do it with a great attitude.
* Showcase our gifts in the best way possible on social media and online with your creative ideas. As new gifts come into the store, your job will be to showcase them online and create collections to make online shopping easy and fun for customers.
* Manage the social media experience we'll be looking to you for ideas and direction with social media and are excited for your creative ideas and responsiveness to customers.
* Be a stickler for details. We’re obsessed with making every part of the Giving Gifts experience perfect. You’ll notice and take action on anything that doesn’t meet our very high standards and bring your great ideas for how we can continue to make things better. You’re a highly-effective communicator who knows how to follow-up to get things done.
* Be part of a rock star team. We pride ourselves on hiring great people who work well together. You’ll be in frequent communication with the business owner, Lisa as well as the store staff. Everyone works together to share learnings, celebrate successes, troubleshoot problems and drive Giving Gifts to become a little better every day.
The Perfect Fit
Is Giving Gifts the perfect job for you? We’re looking for a strong leader who demonstrate the following:
* You’re a Social Media Wiz! You love social media - the creativity, the flexibility and being on top of the latest trends and sharing them with others.
* You’re creative and love coming up with new ideas! Your excited to showcase our gifts in new ways and inspire the store staff to get involved in fun social media campaigns.
* You're entrepreneur at heart, with a strong desire to be a part of something bigger. We’re on a mission to reinvent the gift business and you’re right there beside us, advertising the store and our beautiful selection of gifts and artists and growing our social media engagement.
* You’re highly confident in your abilities but humble in your approach. You want to learn and grow, and you’re willing to work hard to do so. You're happy to take the lead, yet also check-in for feedback. You’re all about taking initiative, reliability and having a high level of ownership, but you also know when to reach out and ask for guidance.
* You thrive in a fast-paced environment because of your outstanding communication skills, positive attitude and the ability to juggle competing priorities.
* You’re natural at inspiring and engaging customers. You have an innate instinct for inspiring customers with fun new content and responding to them in a timely manner.
* You are growth and action oriented, self-motivated, creative and love inspiring and being inspired by others.
If This is You:
Please email us a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us lots about yourself. We really want to hire the right person to take over our social media accounts and create online content for Giving Gifts, so let us know why that is you!