Giving Gifts is looking for our newest store employee! This is a part-time or full-time position (depending on the fit). It will include weekends (Saturday or Sunday) in our store at 4570 Main Street, Vancouver.
This is a Vancouver-based position.
Job can start immediately - as soon as August 2021
About Giving Gifts
Giving Gifts is an inspiring gift boutique that is changing the way people buy gifts.
The moment you step into Giving Gifts you’ll understand why we’re different. Our gifts are unique and share a beautiful story. They are presented and packaged with attention to the details to ensure that every part of the gifting experience delights. Our team provides friendly service that inspires our customers and has them leaving smiling and happy that they have made a difference through their gifts.
We currently have one location and two online stores. We dream big – so we are seeking a heart-centered employee with an eye for design and details. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset that is excited to jump in and work hard to inspire others through their ideas and creativity. Is that you? If so, we’ll be looking to you for your creative ideas to make our beautiful collection of gifts truly shine online.
As part of our store, you’ll play an integral role in shaping Giving Gift’s growth story. You'll be responsible for the Giving Gifts and Giving Crates websites and adding new products online, creating collections and our online customer experience. Social media management including Instagram, Facebook and Tik Tok can be part of the job as well if that is exciting for you.
What You’ll Do:
* Lead by example. We expect you to roll up your sleeves and work hard, but also to have fun and create a positive, happy environment. You’ll always go the extra mile to get things done and do it with a great attitude.
* Showcase our gifts in the best way possible online with your creative ideas. As new gifts come into the store, your job will be to add them online and create collections to make online shopping easy and fun for customers.
* Manage the online experience for both of our websites as well as social media if that is part of what you'd love to do.
* Be a stickler for details. We’re obsessed with making every part of the Giving Gifts experience perfect. You’ll notice and take action on anything that doesn’t meet our very high standards and bring your great ideas for how we can continue to make things better.
* Run a tip-top shop. There are millions of little details that make a successful shop flow, and you’re on top of it all. We expect a lot from our staff and you're excited to help make the Giving Gifts store the best ever. You’re a highly-effective communicator who knows how to follow-up to get things done.
* Be part of a rock star team. We pride ourselves on hiring great people who work well together. You’ll be in frequent communication with the business owner, Lisa. Everyone works together to share learnings, celebrate successes, troubleshoot problems and drive Giving Gifts to become a little better every day.
The Perfect Fit
Is Giving Gifts the perfect job for you? We’re looking for a strong leader who demonstrate the following:
* You’re a Website Wiz
entrepreneur at heart, with a strong desire to be a part of something bigger. We’re on a mission to reinvent the gift business and you’re right there beside us, managing the store as if it were your own.
* You’re highly confident in your abilities but humble in your approach. You want to learn and grow, and you’re willing to work hard to do so.
* You thrive in a fast-paced environment because of your outstanding communication skills, positive attitude and the ability to juggle competing priorities.
* Your creative and love putting together themed gifts. You have an eye for design. Bonus if you have beautiful handwriting! (We write a lot of gift tags.)
* You’re a natural at engaging with customers. You have an innate instinct for reading the needs of a shopper and you can train your team to do the same.
* You’re all about initiative, reliability and having a high level of ownership, but you also know when to reach out and ask for guidance.
* You love systems and processes and are happy to develop and execute them independently, such as store maintenance schedules, online order fulfillment, daily checklists, regular inventory checks, and a communication with all the other staff.
* You are amazing at merchandizing and creating appealing visual displays and you are excited to learn the art of creating the perfect Giving Crates and gift boxes.
* You are growth and action oriented, self-motivated, creative and love inspiring and being inspired by others.
If This is You:
Please email us a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and tell us lots about yourself. We really want to hire the right person, so let us know why it is you!