Giving Gifts is looking for our newest store employee! This is a part-time position, 3 or 4 days a week that will include weekends (Saturday or Sunday) in our store at 4570 Main Street, Vancouver. This job has the option to move to full-time by the holiday season if you are the perfect fit. This job also has the option to include content creation for social media and our website if that interests you.
Job can start immediately - as soon as August 2021
About Giving Gifts
Giving Gifts is an inspiring gift boutique that is changing the way people buy gifts.
The moment you step into Giving Gifts you’ll experience why we’re different. Our gifts are unique and share a beautiful story. They are presented and packaged with attention to detail to ensure that every part of the gifting experience is special. Our team provides friendly service that our customers loves and has them leaving smiling and happy that they have made a difference through their gifts.
We are a small company with one location, but we are growing and plan to do some really cool things. We dream big – so we are seeking a heart-centered employee with an eye for design and detail. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset that is excited to jump in and work hard to inspire others through their ideas and creativity. Is that you?
As part of our store, you’ll play an integral role in shaping Giving Gifts. You’ll be an inspiring leader and love helping customers pick the perfect gifts. You'll make sure the Giving Gifts boutique looks pristine, operates seamlessly and is a magical place that inspires our shoppers to stay a little longer.
What You’ll Do:
* Lead by example. We expect you to roll up your sleeves and work hard, but also to have fun and create a positive, happy environment. You’ll always go the extra mile to get things done and do it with a great attitude.
* Build lasting relationships with our customers including with corporate and custom clients and anyone that wants a little extra help putting together the perfect gift.
* Be a stickler for details. We’re obsessed with making every part of the Giving Gifts experience perfect. You’ll notice and take action on anything that doesn’t meet our very high standards and bring your great ideas for how we can continue to make things better.
* Run a beautiful shop. There are millions of little details that make a successful shop flow, and you’re on top of it all, pulling online orders, putting out inventory, organizing stock, cleaning shelves and lots more. We expect a lot from our staff and you're excited to help make the Giving Gifts store the best ever. You’re a highly-effective communicator who knows how to follow-up to get things done.
* Be part of a rock star team. We pride ourselves on hiring great people who work well together. You’ll be in frequent communication with the business owner, Lisa. Everyone works together to share learnings, celebrate successes, troubleshoot problems and drive Giving Gifts to become a little better every day.
The Perfect Fit
Is Giving Gifts the perfect job for you? We’re looking for a strong leader who demonstrate the following:
* You’re an entrepreneur at heart, with a strong desire to be a part of something bigger. We’re on a mission to reinvent the gift business and you’re right there beside us, managing the store as if it were your own.
* You’re highly confident in your abilities but humble in your approach. You want to learn and grow, and you’re willing to work hard to do so.
* You thrive in a fast-paced environment because of your outstanding communication skills, positive attitude and the ability to juggle competing priorities.
* Your creative and love putting together themed gifts. You have an eye for design. Bonus if you have beautiful handwriting! (We write a lot of gift tags.)
* You’re a natural at engaging with customers. You have an innate instinct for reading the needs of a shopper and you can train your team to do the same.
* You’re all about initiative, reliability and having a high level of ownership, but you also know when to reach out and ask for guidance.
* You love systems and processes and are happy to develop and execute them independently, such as store maintenance schedules, online order fulfillment, daily checklists, regular inventory checks, and a communication with all the other staff.
* You are amazing at merchandizing and creating appealing visual displays and you are excited to learn the art of creating the perfect Giving Crates and gift boxes.
* You are growth and action oriented, self-motivated, creative and love inspiring and being inspired by others.
If This is You:
Please email us a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us lots about yourself. We really want to hire the right person, so let us know why it is you!